Red/Black/Green Found Collage
- Composition: the way in which something is put together or arranged
- Layer: to place objects, images or materials on top of one another
- Resin: a sticky organic substance often used as a protective layer in art
- Black paint
- Elmer’s Glue or Mod Podge
- Found paper and/or old clothing
- Collect paper and old fabric (such as T-shirts or other items you no longer use) that are red, Black, and/or green from around your home or community.
- Tear or cut your found materials into interesting shapes.
- Once all the shapes are cut, find a piece of cardboard and have an adult help you cut it into a large circle.
- Paint your cardboard circle Black.
- Use Mod Podge or Elmers glue to collage your found materials into a composition by layering shapes and colors. You can also paint a thin coat of glue on top of your composition for a glossy resin-like effect!